May 23, 2018
- The types of information we collect through our Services;
- How we use and protect that information;
- The types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances; and
- The choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices.
For the purposes of this Policy, “client” means Inman’s corporate client, and “subscriber” means the individual who has subscribed to receive ebulletins email publications.
This Policy applies to the Inman and the websites, emails we send, and any Services that link to it, events we host, as well as the information we collect when you interact with us through social media or other websites and online services. It does not apply to non-Inman websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
Information We Collect From or About You
Below we describe the different types of information we collect from you and the devices you use when you interact with our Services.
Information You Give Us: Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This may include your name, mailing address, ZIP code, phone number, or email address. If your access to the Services has been provided by or through a third party (for example, your employer) (each, a “Third Party”), the Third Party may have provided us with information about you to enable us to provide you with access to the Service and distinguish you from other subscribers (such as your email address or name).
Information Collected Automatically: When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. This information includes computer and connection information, such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our Services, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, and device identifiers. This information also may include how you search for our Services, the websites you click on from our Services or emails, whether and when you open our emails, and your browsing activities across other websites.
- Essential operation: These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Inman website as you have requested. For example, they let us recognize what type of subscriber you are and then provide you with services accordingly.
- Performance/Analytics: We use these cookies to analyze how the Inman website is accessed, used or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the Inman website. We may also obtain information from our e-mail newsletters, to learn whether you opened or forwarded the newsletter or clicked on any of the content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
- Functional: These cookies let us operate certain functions of the Inman website in line with the choices you make
- Advertising: Third parties, including Google, Facebook, and other social media platforms, may use tracking technologies on our website to collect or receive information from the Inman websites and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed.
Information from Social Media: When you interact with us or the Services through a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, we and that service may share certain information about you and your activities.
How We Use Information We Collect From or About You
We may use information you give us or information we collect about you to:
- Communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Provide, maintain, personalize, optimize, and improve the Services, including research and analytics regarding use of the Services, or to remember you when you leave and return to the Services;
- Provide and improve our products and services;
- Provide you with more relevant content in email bulletins to which you may be subscribed;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records or from third party sources.
We also may use or combine information that we collect from the Services with information provided by third parties, including demographic information and other attributes, and organizational affiliations.
How We Share Information About You
We may share the information collected via our Services with companies who work on our behalf to help us provide and support the Services and our products and services.
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Services. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
We may use or disclose information about you if required to do so by law or on the good-faith believe that such sharing is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our Services; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services, or our users; or (c) act to protect the personal safety of our employees and agents, other users of the Services, or members of the public.
When you register for an event, contest, or other promotion that is sponsored by a third party, the third party may be provided personal information unless otherwise posted in connection with the promotion.
Interest-based advertising is the collection of data across different websites and/or difference devices for the purpose of tailoring advertising based on preferences or interests know or inferred from the data collected.
Inman partners with third parties to use the information you make available to us when you interact with our Services to provide you with advertising that is more relevant to you after you leave our Services. While Inman will not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their own uses, such third parties may, with sufficient data from other sources, be able to personally identify you.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, Inman Media does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Updating Your Information
You can update the information you provide to us by logging into your account. For other questions about your information, please contact us using the information at the end of this Policy.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Information for Users in Europe and Elsewhere Outside the U.S.
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. If applicable, you may have a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of relevant data protection laws.
Users in the European Union (EEA) and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. Upon the start of enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights once the GDPR becomes effective. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our Services if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To Unsubscribe from enewsletters
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
For Questions, or to Report a Problem
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
Inman Group LLC
Mailing Address: 1400 Village Square Blvd, Suite #3-80368, Tallahassee, FL 32312